No coaching session has ever been complete without the following question being asked, “What synth plugins do you use in your productions?” So I thought it would be a good idea to do a monthly post about the current synth plug-ins I am currently feeling, and rocking in my productions.
Rapture Pro by Cakewalk.
I was completely surprised by this plugin. I always took Cakewalk for a company mostly focusing on making Digital Audio Workstations, not synths. But Shame on me, I should never judge a plugin by its brand, and only by its quality and unique characteristics. This Plugin by far has become my staple goto for leads, and heavy distorted Basses. It does not try to sound like an old school analog board, (there are plenty of plugins that try and do that already) no this one sounds different and has a unique texture to it. You wont find a lot of patches that will try to sound like every other EDM dance lead or future house bass patch, the patches feel familiar but yet are really different.
I have been mostly using it on a lot of my POP Productions. One of the draw backs is the routing could take some time to get used to, but once you map out where everything is, your golden. A Big plus about the plugin is the amount of OSC you can choose to have per each patch. You can load up to six different osc which lots of waveform options. I have a list of some the plugins highlights below.
Rapture Pro highlights
- Transform, perform, produce, bend, and twist with new sounds, more FX, and more control
- Find and prioritize sounds faster with databased browsing
- Performance Mode gives unprecedented freedom to interact with sounds on stage or in the studio
- Vector Mixer controls all 6 element volumes simultaneously for creative, real-time mixing
- Edit and create sounds easily with the clean, expansive, colour-coded user interface
- 6-element architecture is ideal for MIDI guitar
- Effortless parameter mapping with the new Mod Matrix
- Each element of Rapture Pro has 7 Step Generators, 7 LFOs, and 7 Envelope Generators
- 13 crushing distortion FX for massive pads and lead presets
- 21 sweeping filters for building bass drops and surgical mixing
- 31 soaring insert FX for each individual element
- Freely layer synths and samples
- 2-click MIDI Mapping for quick controller assignments
- Mix your instrument’s elements with the Mixer Page’s faders, pan, and sends
- Individual element tone-shaping with a more visual EQ
- Supports Mac OS X Audio Units, Windows 7/8 VST3
- Nearly 10GB of sounds from professional sound designers
- Ability to load individual microtuning files per element
- Multitimbral mode allows you to play each element individually